Marketing & Communications Intern – World Trade Center of New Orleans
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, this Intern will provide marketing and planning assistance for the programs and initiatives of the World Trade Center of New Orleans. This person will promote all value-add efforts to engage the membership, including committee meetings, educational programming, and special events.
The successful candidate for this position must be a competent writer with an eye for aesthetics. The individual will demonstrate knowledge and expertise on marketing strategy and have an interest in international trade, economic development principles, the regional economy, political environment, and small business. He/she will be a highly collaborative professional with the ability to successfully assist with current programs while improving the marketing and communications strategy for the WTCNO.
- Marketing & Communications – The Marketing & Communications Intern is responsible for assistance in managing the WTCNO’s website and external communication including all social media, a weekly trade newsletter, and creating email campaigns to promote WTCNO programs and events. Measurable results include timeliness and accuracy of disseminated information, increased views on the website and social media posts, and consistent communication between the WTCNO and membership, partners, and others in the economic development ecosystem.
- Event Planning – The Marketing & Communications Intern will assist with planning and coordinating all major WTCNO events. This requires working with vendors, event promotion, tracking RSVPs, and budget maintenance. The measurable result includes a year over year increase in sponsorship sales, attendance and attendee satisfaction.
- Public Relations – The Marketing & Communications Intern will assist in representing the WTCNO at public events and in the media. This includes assistance drafting press releases, creating media kits, and building/updating our media contact database. The measurable result is timeliness and accuracy of drafts, and the amount of positive online publicity per month.
Minimum Skills / Qualifications:
- A minimum of 1 year of business experience or related coursework, which could include private industry, trade associations, economic development and/or related public sector or nonprofit work.
- Interest in international trade, international business, economic development and public relations.
- Strong attention to detail, and proven excellence in written and oral communication.
- Experience with WordPress preferred.
- Ability to assist with special events as needed including on evenings and weekends
- Education: High School Diploma Required, currently working on Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Job Type: Part-time Internship
- Location: One Canal Place, New Orleans, LA
The World Trade Center of New Orleans is one of the strongest international business organizations in the Gulf Coast region, consisting of 1,000+ companies as well as high profile individual members. This membership base represents a diverse group of industry leaders, companies, professional organizations, and government institutions that include manufacturers, energy, agriculture, maritime, digital media, foreign consulates, and other interests.