Business Development Intern – World Trade Center of New Orleans
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development, this Intern will provide business development assistance for the members of the World Trade Center of New Orleans. This person will work on business-to-business sales and strategy and have an interest in international trade, economic development principles, the regional economy, political environment, and small business.
The successful candidate for this position must be a competent communicator with an ability to quickly build rapport with a diverse array of people. The individual will demonstrate openness to ideas from a variety of sources and a willingness to respond diligently to the ever-changing needs of the WTCNO. He/she will be a highly collaborative professional with the ability to successfully assist with current membership needs while improving the membership strategy for the WTCNO.
- Membership – The Business Development Intern is responsible for helping to engage with our membership to be sure WTCNO programming is reactive and meeting the needs of the business community. This individual will assist with all aspects of member fulfillment so that members are aware of, and receive the membership benefits and privileges to which they are entitled. This includes creating and managing active spreadsheets to update payments and renewals, updating the database/making corrections to members’ information as needed, call development, email correspondence, and drafting targeted email campaigns. The measurable result includes a year over year increase in membership revenue, member retention, growth in membership, and increased participation from existing members.
- Strategic Planning / Investor Relations – The Business Development Intern will assist the VP of Business Development in leading the strategic planning for communication and engagement activities that support relationships between the WTCNO and its external constituents, such as members, the Board of Directors, sponsors, and partners, which support the organization. The measurable result is an increase in member/investor satisfaction, engagement, and giving.
Minimum Skills / Qualifications:
- A minimum of 1 year of business experience or related coursework, which could include private industry, trade associations, economic development and/or related public sector or nonprofit work.
- Interest in international trade, international business, economic development, and sales.
- Strong attention to detail, and proven excellence in written and oral communication.
- Experience with databases preferred.
- Ability to assist with special events as needed including on evenings and weekends.
- Education: High School Diploma Required, currently working on Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Job Type: Part-time Internship
- Location: One Canal Place, New Orleans, LA
The World Trade Center of New Orleans is one of the strongest international business organizations in the Gulf Coast region, consisting of 1,000+ companies as well as high profile individual members. This membership base represents a diverse group of industry leaders, companies, professional organizations, and government institutions that include manufacturers, energy, agriculture, maritime, digital media, foreign consulates, and other interests.