On Wednesday, June 30, 2021, the World Trade Center of New Orleans will host the annual C. Alvin Bertel Award Ceremony honoring this year's recipient, Paul G. Aucoin.
Aucoin has served as the Executive Director of the Port of South Louisiana since July 2013, aiding in stimulating commerce and industrial development throughout the three Parishes of St. James, St John the Baptist, and St. Charles, which make up the Port Jurisdiction. During his tenure, Mr. Aucoin has received national recognition for the Port?s many industrial project announcements which includes $23.23 billion in capital investments that has led to 3,379 direct jobs. Mr. Aucoin spearheaded a vision for the Port of South Louisiana which led to record breaking rankings including #1 Tonnage Port in the Western Hemisphere from 2013-2018 along with #1 Grain Exporter, #1 Foreign Trade Zone in Merchandise Received, and #2 Energy Transfer Port.
Coming Soon: International Trade Day - November 4, 2021 Venue Sponsor for Virtual Production:
The special event parking rate is $15 for up to 9 hours. The Sheraton currently offers self-parking as well as valet. Daily parkers can pay with a debit or credit card via a parking app or text. The link to the Sheraton’s garage information is: https://premiumparking.com/P501
Restrictions at the Sheraton:
The Sheraton is currently following the restrictions outlined by the CDC and the City of New Orleans.
· Fully vaccinated individuals are no longer required to wear masks.
· Unvaccinated individuals should wear masks and are encouraged to get vaccinated ASAP.
· Businesses may require masks for safety purposes.
Social Distancing Required
· Fully vaccinated individuals are no longer required to practice social distancing.
· Unvaccinated individuals should practice social distancing and are encouraged to get vaccinated ASAP.
· Businesses may require social distancing for safety purposes.
For 2021 All-Inclusive sponsors along with the Individual sponsors will receive tickets to attend the event in person.
All others, please join us for a remote viewing of the event. Tickets will be sold at $50.00 each.